Sunday, November 27, 2011

Comet, will make your mouth turn green

Comet, it tastes like gasoline

Comet, will make you vomit

So buy Comet, and vomit, today!


(song from my childhood)



I ran out out Comet and at Safeway I found a cleaner called Bon Ami. I know it's been around like, forever. I have seen vintage signs at antique stores! Seems relatively nontoxic, and promised not to scratch. Goodness, why didn't I know about this before? No, it' doesn't cut through the grime as quickly as Comet but it's not harsh at all and I felt fine about using it on my stainless pots and pans – and scrubbed away years of burned on stains on the outsides of them! Almost as rewarding as cleaning off old motorcyle parts and revealing the shiny machine beneath the dirt. So I've been on a program of using pots and pans I have not used for a long time, and getting them all shiny again. And actually, it's a great time to get rid of pots and pans I never seem to use for anything.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home