Sunday, March 13, 2011

Zooplankton

So the other day I was a few blocks from my house and realized that the thing in my back pocket that was bothering me was my phone. So I took it out. A cop saw me putting my seatbelt back on, flipped a U turn and stopped me a few blocks away.

“I'm stopping you because I saw you putting on your seat belt back there.”

I didn't say anything.

“Do you speak English?”

“Actually, officer, I didn't want to say anything because to tell you the truth I'm pretty angry about this. I had to drive halfway up the sidewalk to get out of my driveway a few blocks away because someone is parked in front of it. I've driven past at least three double parked cars in the last 3 minutes. My truck has been robbed four times in the last two years. I know none of that has anything to do with you, but I feel like I'm at the bottom of the food chain. You'll stop me because you know a nice Asian is not going to be dangerous and I'll pay. The ghetto people can do whatever they want and nobody wants to mess with them. Like I said, I know that none of that really has anything to do with you but I'm just tired of being the provider for everyone because I'm a big idiot and I work hard every day to try to make a living. If you could give me a warning I'd really feel a lot better about things.”

He took my paperwork to his car. And came back with a verbal warning. I thanked him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home